- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk, warm
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 dash salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb cavatappi pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 cup potato chips, crushed
- 5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated for topping
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter in a large saucepot over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk in the warmed milk and bring to a boil, continue to whisk constantly. The mixture will thicken as the heat increases. Continue to stir while adding the dry mustard, nutmeg, cayenne, salt, pepper, hot sauce and Worcestershire.
- Stir in the 3 cups of Cheddar until it melts.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the noodles and add to a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the chips, bacon and Parmesan on top and bake for 35 minutes.
Thank you for sharing your recipe with us! This turned out great!
Please continue to submit your recipes, favorite restaurants and dishes to
email@example.com or simply click on the “Contact Us” link.
Again, thank you for sharing with us and it’s a joy to spread the foodiness!!!