- 28 0z crushed tomatoes
- 6 0z. tomato paste
- 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 6 large cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 pound ziti pasta
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 large eggs
- 16 oz. small curd cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. mozzarella cut into small squares (do not use shredded mozzarella)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Boil water and add pasta. Cook until it is softened; about 6 minutes and drain reserving 1/2 of the water.
- Combine cottage cheese, eggs and parmesan and set aside.
- Heat oil and garlic until tender but do not allow to brown.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, paste and oregano and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add cornstarch to cream and heat until it begins to thicken. Allow to cool slightly and then add to cottage cheese mixture.
- Combine cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella and 1 cup of sauce to pasta and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour pasta into 13×9 casserole, spoon tomato sauce over top and dot with remaining mozzarella and sprinkle with parmesan and remaining basil.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Thank you for sharing your recipe with us!
Please continue to submit your recipes, favorite restaurants and dishes to
firstname.lastname@example.org or simply click on the “Contact Us” link.
Again, thank you for sharing with us and it’s a joy to spread the foodie-ness!!!